This Saturday, April 2nd, I will teach a “Screenwriting Workshop” at the Crossroads Film Festival in Jackson Mississippi.
Theater: Malco Grandview in Madison, MS (Screen “C”)
Duration: 2 hours
Price: $8 (or $6 for members/students/65+ seniors)
Here’s the official site’s info on the workshop, but unfortunately the personal information they posted about me there is a bit out of date. Looks like it was culled from a bunch of info on my website that I have since updated. For a more up-to-date bio, go HERE.
CONTENT: To be more specific, I will talk about the differences between writing a “Spec. Script” for Hollywood and an “Indie Script” for independent productions. I will include a lot of helpful information and resources for seasoned veterans as well as those new to the process.
- Honest opinions on the latest screenwriting/support software
- Where to find examples of good scripts
- Ironclad resources to help you perfect proper screenplay format
- Effective exercises for beginners and veterans
- The difference between “Hollywood” and “Indie” screenplay structure
- Strategic screenplay outlining
- Pitfalls of writing your first script (spec. or indie)
- Crafting a rich story mythology
- Creating memorable characters
- Solid plot construction
- Insider secrets of the spec. script
- Critical tips for indie screenwriters
- Why “writer’s groups” will help you succeed
- Why rewriting IS writing
- What to do when you THINK you’ve completed a final draft
- Things pro screenwriters NEVER do
- Why making your own film makes you a better screenwriter
- Why living in a “small town” gives you an advantage in writing and making films
Plus, you get…
- Additional resources reviewed and approved by me (many of them are FREE)
- Online access to my supplemental materials just for attending
Hope to see you there!